Saturday, January 4, 2014

Introduction

Currently I am in college where I am studying Latin and Greek.  Recent events, together with my studies have inspired me to actively improve my life over the course of the next year.  This blog is both a catalyst and a product of that journey.  Keeping up a blog for a year will be an achievement in itself, but ideally it will also establish a rhythm of self reflection.  I like the idea of routines, so the tentative plan is that I will post every night before bed, identifying something of value that I did or learned that day.  I also plan to write longer posts when the fancy strikes me, though I'm not sure what structure those will take.

I'm writing this in the early morning of Jan. 5th, so my list of goals is going to be based on what I know I want to do now.  As the year goes on, I may add more goals as I better understand where I will end up.

In 2014, I want to:
-Keep a regular blog
-Establish a regular sleeping schedule and morning routine
-Learn Italian
-Become more attractive
-Feel happier consistently
-Cultivate better and more numerous friendships
-Attain enlightenment (you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, after all...)

I've never made any actual new year's resolutions before, so this project should be new and exciting.  As Buzz Lightyear once said, "To infinity, and beyond!"

No comments:

Post a Comment