Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jan 15

Today was a really good first day back.  My Latin and Greek classes are going to be really awesome, and Greek has a surprising number of students, which is great.  I'm really enjoying reading Ovid, his poetry is easier than last semester's Apuleian prose.  I managed to get up at 8:30 this morning and made the most of my extended daylight hours.  Its so great to be done with class by noon...but I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of free time I have, though I'm sure thats bound to change.  It was good to see old friends again as well.  I'm reading Epictetus' discourses every night as part of my continuing stoic self improvement, and its definitely helping.  For whatever reason, I feel like my writing on this blog isn't up to my usual standards...maybe writing in first person just feels awkward.  Either way, I'm super excited for class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment